Isabelle Speybrouck has over 10 years' experience in scenography, interior design and production management working internationally on residential, commercial and artistic projects.
Before becoming an independent scenographer and interior designer, she held the position of Technical Coordinator for Exhibitions at the Centre for Fine Arts (BOZAR) where she was managing the installation of temporary exhibitions in collaboration with curators, artists and exhibition staff. Some of the Bozar exhibitions were the result of her own designs as scenographer.
She started her career as Designer and Project Manager for Arne Quinze, she coordinated design fairs, exhibitions and the placement of monumental art installations, from conceptualization and design to realization and installation.
Isabelle lives in Brussels, but is originally from Kortrijk. Her studies were completed at Sint-Lucas Gent.
2016 - PRESENT
Scenography & Production and Project management
for BOZAR, Flanders DC, MAD Brussels, Beinnale Interieur, William Forsythe, Sabine Marcelis...
- Scenery Design, Styling and technical realization of exhibitions through collaboration with the exhibition coordinator, curators, artists and installation staff
- coordination of the installation and dismantling of exhibitions and events to ensure the timely completion with the ability to prioritize in multidisciplinary projects
- coordination of construction and carpentry, AV installations, installation of (ancient) art works with appropriate methods including preservation, storage, lighting techniques and materials used in the museum installation
- managing a team of technicians, art-handlers and directing contractors
for Sacre Sucre, Advisers, Capital Construct, Concreet Architecten, Lungoo, Private clients...
- developing a design concept for bars, restaurants and private housing
- execution of technical drawings for contractors
- planning, estimation of construction and renovation costs
2010 - 2016
Scenography & Technical Coordinator Exhibitions
2010 - 2011
Scenery & Coordination
Olivier Cnop Architecten
2005 - 2010
Quinze & Milan | Studio Arne Quinze | Arne Quinze
Designer, Interior Architect & Project Manager
Koninklijke Academie voor Schone Kunsten, Kortrijk
Master's degree, Fashion design
2008 - 2013
Graduated with Rotary Encouragement Award 2013-2014
Sint-Lucas Hogeschool voor Wetenschap & Kunst, Gent
Bachelor's degree, Interior Design
2002 - 2005
HKU University of Arts, Utrecht
Erasmus, Interior Architecture